This extremely nutritious salad is full of the goodness of blueberries, wheatberries, spinach, avocados, walnuts, carrots and a recent turmeric French dressing! You’ve received plant protein, wholesome fat, fiber, and antioxidant compounds galore on this wholesome salad recipe. Rugged and hearty, this spinach blueberry salad is sort of a meal in a bowl. Plus, it stands up nicely within the fridge for a number of days. Simply cook dinner up your wheatberries–that are basically entire wheat kernels–allow them to cool, then combine in your salad fixings, and drizzle with this flavorful French dressing.
This straightforward vegan salad is nice for meal prep, too. Simply bundle it up into mason jars or storage containers to seize and go later. This wheatberry salad can also be scrumptious served at picnics, potlucks, or dinner events, too. Attempt a distinct grain as an alternative of wheatberries, resembling spelt, farro, or buckwheat. And check out frozen blueberries within the off season (or swap with a seasonal fruit, resembling pomegranates or pear slices). Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free grain for the wheatberries, resembling quinoa or brown rice.
This easy, extremely nutritious Blueberry Wheatberry Salad with Turmeric French dressing is full of the goodness of blueberries, wheatberries, spinach, avocados, walnuts, carrots and a recent turmeric French dressing.
- Cook dinner wheatberries by bringing 3 cups water to a boil in a coated small pot over excessive warmth. Add wheatberries to the boiling water, cowl with a lid, and scale back the warmth to medium. Cook dinner for about half-hour, test doneness, and cook dinner for an extra 5-Quarter-hour, till tender but crunchy. (Relying on product, can take 30-45 minutes to cook dinner, in accordance with bundle instructions.) Might have so as to add extra water as wanted to compensate for evaporation. Drain any remaining water and chill till room temperature.
- Put together salad by including spinach leaves, blueberries, onion, avocado, walnuts, and funky wheatberries to a big salad bowl. Utilizing a mandolin or vegetable peeler, shave carrots into skinny strips. Add to the salad bowl.
- Gently toss collectively salad substances to distribute.
- To make turmeric French dressing, whisk collectively olive oil, lemon juice, agave syrup (non-compulsory), turmeric, smoked paprika, salt (non-compulsory), and pepper collectively till clean and nicely mixed.
- Drizzle French dressing over salad and toss gently till nicely distributed.
- Serve instantly. Makes 8 (about 1 ½ cups) servings. Retailer coated in fridge for as much as 3 days (avocados could brown).
Use a distinct kind of wheat kernels on this recipe, if desired, resembling farro, kamut, or spelt.
Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free grain for the wheatberries, resembling quinoa or brown rice.
I served this salad in these pretty enamelware bowls with blue trim.
- Prep Time: Quarter-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 187
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
Key phrases: wheatberry, wheatberry salad
For extra plant-based salad recipes, take a look at the next:
Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad
Grilled Nectarine Salad with Citrus Ginger Dressing
Inexperienced and Gold Brown Rice Salad
Arugula Salad with Tomatoes
Inexperienced Bean, Chickpea, and Farro Salad with Za’atar
Spicy Cauliflower Salad with Cilantro
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Peanuts and Papaya
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Vegan Feta and Balsamic French dressing
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.